Wolseley 4/44 History
History
The 4/44 reached production in 1953 as Wolseley's smaller post-war saloon, a monocoque four-door with independent front suspension. Much of its design was shared with the handsome MG Magnette ZA, though the Wolseley used a detuned 1,250 cc engine and a column gearchange in a more sedate, wood-trimmed package.
Around 29,845 were built before it was replaced in 1956 by the very similar 15/50, which finally adopted BMC's 1,489 cc B-series engine.
Body styles
- Saloon
Related models